TUTOR WITH HOLLAND PARK
If you would like to work with Holland Park please do fill in the tutor application form by clicking the Apply button below.
We welcome applications from tutors looking to work from a couple of hours a week, to full time. If you have:
- A passion to educate and inspire young minds
- A minimum undergraduate degree or above
- Tutoring experience and/or a PGCE or QTS
- The ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well being of children and young people – we would love to hear from you.
Holland Park offers some of the most competitive rates in London and promotes tutors based on their experience and hours worked with the agency. All potential tutors demonstrate their tuition style with a five minute sample lesson. Safeguarding is of tantamount importance to us which is why we require an enhanced DBS check from everyone who works with us. All applications are reviewed carefully, whereby we take into account your CV, tutoring experience and qualifications. We also provide an induction seminar to elevate your tutoring provision.
Tutoring work takes place primarily in the student’s home, mostly in West and Central London. We also have a growing need for tutors to travel further afield to the Home Counties, Europe, America and Asia. Our world class reputation means we can also offer residential placements with families across the globe.
Please note – as all of our tutors work on a self – employed basis, we are regrettably unable to accept applications from candidates who possess a UK Tier 4 Student Visa.
- Can I tutor from home? Whilst we do have some online tutoring opportunities, the majority of our tuition takes place in the student’s home, so the ability to travel is paramount.
- Can I begin tutoring immediately? All of our tutors MUST attend an interview, a seminar and complete an enhanced DBS check before they are permitted to take on their first student. Please note this process can take up to a month.
- Can I attend an online interview? No. For safeguarding reasons we must meet all of our potential tutors. If you are a full time teacher working within a London school, we are able to offer you an initial telephone interview, provided you later attend a face to face seminar which can be scheduled in after school hours. We are unable to offer other full time workers telephone interviews.
- Do I have to have a Teaching Qualification? No. Whilst we work with a great many tutors who hold PGCE’s or QTS’, we utilise the skills of many tutors who are passionate about their subject and are able to demonstrate some educational experience.
- Can I choose to only tutor in the school holidays? No. We ask all of our tutors to commit to their students needs, and this could stretch over 1 or 2 terms minimum. Tutoring does not offer a good solution for short term work.
- Do I need to live in Greater London to tutor with Holland Park? Yes. You must live within Greater London or within easy reach. Our tutors must be available for face to face tuition within a student’s home. The majority of our clients live withing Greater London and the M25.
We use a tutoring software called Oases. Our tutors create a personal profile highlighting their experience, education and subject choices. You will be invited to do this after you have attended the seminar.
If you are a current tutor or have already applied, please click below to access the tutor portal login page.